JUVÉDERM® Family of Fillers & Restylane® Family of Fillers
Injectable dermal fillers such as JUVÉDERM and Restylane are beloved by Scottsdale patients because they're straightforward, versatile, and they work—with instant and lasting results. We carry many of today's most popular fillers, each approved by the FDA. As skilled specialists, our nurse injectors MK and Meagan work with you to understand your ultimate goals and choose the filler or combination of fillers that will create those results.
How Do They Work?
Young, healthy-looking skin contains an abundance of a naturally hydrating substance called hyaluronic acid (HA). But as you age, sunlight and other factors such as genetics can reduce the amount of HA in your skin. The lack of HA causes your skin to lose structure and volume, creating unwanted facial wrinkles and folds, like those parentheses lines around your nose and mouth.
Most of the fillers we use are hyaluronic acid-based. Hyaluronic acid, or HA, is the hydrating agent that occurs naturally in healthy skin. The amount of HA decreases with age, resulting in facial tissue that shrinks and descends. This can create a hollow look, especially around the eyes or in the cheeks. Dermal fillers replace volume within the skin to fill out wrinkles and replace volume that's been lost. Fillers are also incredibly popular for shaping and enlarging the lips. The fillers we use are noted for their safety and reliability. Depending on which products we agree to use and where on your face they're administered, the results of your treatment can last up to several years.
In addition to HA fillers, we also offer Sculptra® Aesthetic, a filler option that's made from poly-L-lactic acid. This biocompatible active ingredient is gradually and naturally absorbed by the body and helps to rebuild lost collagen.
Different products are better suited to different concerns and skin types. We offer a range of dermal filler options, each formulated differently and targeted toward a different type of concern. We want our patients to achieve the best results possible, so we make sure to listen carefully to your concerns and formulate a custom treatment option that will help you reach your goals.
During your initial consultation with our aesthetic nurse specialists, MK Maloney, RN, CANS, or Meagan Reguera, RN, BSN, CANS, you'll learn more about the options that are best for you. One size doesn't fit all when it comes to facial aesthetic treatment. A customized treatment plan is important for achieving the best results.
Dr. Robert Cohen: Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
Medical director Dr. Robert Cohen and his associate, Dr. Josh Olson, are both certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery. These talented surgeons have trained with some of the world's best, and the proof is in their results.
Because fillers are nonsurgical, minimally invasive, and FDA approved, they're generally safe for most people. Millions of people use fillers worldwide every day! At the same time, fillers can help improve feelings of self-confidence. This is because most fillers offer immediate improvement and help people feel their best.
You may be a good candidate for a treatment with a dermal filler if you're bothered by any of the following symptoms:
- Nasolabial folds running from the nose to the corners of the mouth
- Fine, vertical lip lines
- Hollow or flattened cheeks
- Sunken tear troughs beneath the eyes
- Marionette lines running from the corners of the mouth to the chin
- Thin, wrinkles, or uneven lips
We offer the following filler options:
- The JUVÉDERM family of products is excellent, versatile, HA-based fillers that can be used to treat lines and folds around the mouth, hollow or sunken cheeks, thin lips, and more. Results can last for up to 1 year or more, depending on the product used and where it's placed. These products include: JUVÉDERM Ultra XC® or JUVÉDERM Ultra®, and JUVÉDERM Ultra Plus XS. The most recent additions to the JUVÉDERM family include JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, also known as VOLUMA, JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC, also known as VOLBELLA, and JUVÉDERM VOLLURE® XC, also known as VOLLURE.
- The Restylane family of products are also a collection of HA-based fillers. With more than 28 million treatments worldwide (and counting), the Restylane line of hyaluronic acid fillers are used to smooth away wrinkles and fine lines, create fuller and more accentuated lips, and add lift and volume to the cheeks. The best cosmetic results are in those patients that have Restylane "layered," or have a bit injected at a time, followed by further volume. This results in an even, long-lasting result. Available in different formulations, we now offer Restylane Lyft®, Restylane Silk®, and Restylane-L®. These products can treat fine lines, deep wrinkles, lips, cheeks, and more with exceptional smoothness. The most recent additions to the Restylane family, Refyne® and Defyne®, are made using XpresHAn® technology. They create a smooth gel consistency that moves with the patient's skin. This ensures a beautiful, natural-looking appearance that can last for up to 12 months.
- Sculptra Aesthetic is a bit different from other fillers because it uses poly-L-lactic acid to stimulate collagen development in the skin. This creates both instant results as well as lasting fullness. Sculptra is a long-lasting soft tissue injectable that triggers the body to produce its own healthy and natural collagen. Sculptra has a longevity between 2 and 3 years. Typical treatments consist of 2 or 3 sessions over several months, and are excellent for both younger and older patients who feel that they are looking hollow or would like to regain the "glow" of youth. Sculptra injections are very technique-dependent, and require experience and artistic approach to the face. In addition to reducing wrinkles, Sculptra can be used to improve the décolleté, reduce the appearance of cellulite, and even augment (fill in contour irregularities) the buttocks.
Both MK and Meagan are master aesthetic nurse specialists. They can help you decide which product is best for you and your individual needs.
Your filler treatment may include treatments with platelet-rich plasma, BOTOX® or Dysport® injections for more complete rejuvenation. Although these products are not fillers, they can complement the results of your filler treatment.
What to Expect
Dermal fillers are injected just beneath the skin, using a very thin needle. All fillers we use contain lidocaine, a numbing medication, to minimize any discomfort. Treatments are typically complete in 30 minutes and do not require any significant downtime afterward. Instructions on what medications to avoid days before your injections will be provided to you when you make your appointment.
MK and Meagan's extensive, focused training on the art of injectables help them create results that look incredibly natural. Patients are typically quite satisfied with their results, which are noticeable and refreshed-looking without appearing overdone or obvious. Everyone will notice that you look refreshed, but no one will know why.
Results appear immediately and can last between 6 months and 2 years or more, depending on the specifics of your dermal filler treatment. Regularly scheduled treatments can help maintain improvements indefinitely.
Let's work together to plan your custom treatment with injectables. Request your consultation online, or call us at (602) 702-5380 to set up your appointment.